Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Shoulder Surgery

January 2015 Shoulder Surgery
At last I have found a doctor that would give me the shoulder surgery that I needed.  His name is Dr Hendry.  He is a good man.  I have been to several doctors to help me with the arthritis in my shoulder and got denied several times.  I am grateful for Dr Hendry, because he basically said "who am I to tell you yes or no.  You know the consequences if you want it.  I believe it will relieve your pain.".  I said I want to go through with it, and now I am grateful I did.  It is now July and it's not constantly hurting.  I have movement restrictions, but I now play volleyball, rake leaves, mountain bike, golf, and all of the other hobbies I love.  Below are the pictures on the day of the surgery.



 The pictures above are me before surgery

 Me after surgery.  That is seriously the worst pain I have felt.  The anesthesiologist didn't put the pain block in correctly.  I woke up in the worst pain of my life.  I couldn't control myself.  I was convulsing.  It was pretty miserable.  Rosie and my mom I guess were freaking out.  Man that hurt.  
 This is a picture of my new shoulder.


 This is when I got home.  I was freezing cold, which isn't like me and I was in a lot of pain.
 This is me and Rosie eating pizza.  It was a happy day.  It relieved the pain. In my mind.  She had been camping out with me from the time I got home from the surgery until I could move around on my own so she could wake up and give me medicine.
 My time out of the house in a long time.   I loved it.  I believe we went to Maverik.  Just a mile down the road.  It was the best mile I have ever gone.  I loved it.
 That is how it looked.  It looked a lot worse before.  Trust me.  
 Stanley being a good boy and making sure I am doing ok.
This is a closer picture of how my new shoulder looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment